Wednesday 27 March 2013

Day 48: Question 4 - Who would be the audience for your media product?


The target audience of my magazine is women aged between 17-21. I choose to do this age range because I felt people who are interested in a career in music, need encouragement in terms of chasing their dreams. Especially since some people are willing to compromise their dreams because of their parent’s wishes. I wanted Word on the Street to provide that base for people who are interested in music but can’t afford to go university or have a lack of confidence. This theme of giving people who’re struggling advice due to the economic conditions was reinforced in the features of my magazine but also the price, as students generally wouldn't pay a lot on a magazine.

I took advantage of social media by posting my survey I made with Survey monkey, on to Facebook and a forum to get interviewees. Alot of the fourm members are women between my target age range just likewith my friends on Facebook, so I thought it would be a perfect way to get my target audiences opinions on specific subjects.

My target audience are females due to the lack of attention on female rappers who don’t rely on their body get. My target audience in general relating back to survey monkey, believes that women should be taken seriously without the need for them to remove their clothes. The survey gave my target audience uniqueness since men generally dominate everything related to the Rap scene. In terms of music I feel like my target audience would cherish the quality of lyrics, since they appreciate artists like Lowkey, Tupac and Immortal technique who focus of politics and what is going on around the world. My target audience would also have a keen interest in fashion as just like in their taste in music, they like to stand out from everyone else with fashion which represents their character or makes a statement.

The main aim for my magazine is to bring together women who cherish being different, almost in a self-empowering feminist way since the current Rap industry in extremely degrading. This would encourage inspiring musicians as it would help them develop an image of their own.

Female Readers profile :






No comments:

Post a Comment