Monday 1 April 2013

Day 49 : Question 6 - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Throughout my media studies experience we have learnt loads of tricks in lighting, how to edit photos and why settings on the cameras are important. When taking photos the settings vary depending on the lighting. For example if you’re taking a photo outside and it’s dark, you need to put flash on or else the camera won’t capture the person, object or scenery. This is exactly what I did when I was taking photos for my media photo-shoot, with Yezzi as we took a photo outside in this shot below.

When preparing to take photos we learnt about the different ISO settings you can have, e.g. if you put your setting between 100-400 there’s a higher shutter speed which means it would let less light into the camera. This setting is good for outside photography.

I mainly used YouTube in terms of presenting my data, whether I did a voice over or a vlog on my progress with my photo-shoot. Also I used Dafont.com and Befunky.com. Throughout the creation of my magazine, these websites helped me a lot as Dafont provided a variety of fonts which related to my genre and Befunky helped me improve the lighting of my photos.

I made a video on my experience with programs/websites such as Indesign, Blogger and Photoshop.
I used Sims 3 to represent my ideas and what was monumental for me when using them.






No comments:

Post a Comment